A way to block individual posts from appearing

I would like to see a way to block individual posts from appearing. It is a feature that is very welcome on Facebook and other places for others and me and I hope I will see it soon at other sites I go to that use Discourse for message boards.

1 Like

Go to your user preferences and add those users to your mute list.

1 Like

This does not work though. (Searching here and google for “Block users on Discource fourms” find nothing but closed posts that basicly just dismiss the question.

I have over 2 dozen users “Muted” and yet it does nothing, still see their posts.
Maybe it stops email and on site notifications from those user posts, but it does not hide or remove those users posts when you view the thread pages.

Is this a specific fourm mod/admin level setting/issue? Or is Discource just like this, can’t realy block/hide users?

What does Muted:

Suppress all notifications, personal messages, and chat direct messages from these users.

What you’re looking for is Ignored users. (preferences → Users)

EDIT: As @Moin pointed out, there is also a global setting with a minimum trust level to enable it:

2 Likes

That does not exist. The owner of this Discource based forum site disable the option then?

The setting min trust level to allow ignore controls that. By default you need to be trust level 2

2 Likes

Don’t see such number, only shows a word for that spec. “basic user” on user profile.

Oh, So, by default it up to the forums admin to properly set up trust levels to enable a BASIC function. They dont give up any higher than the 1 one it seems, even for people used it for years.
That explains it then. Not Discource fault then.

It does show on other Discourse based forms i have on, BUT, it still does not fully remove Ignored users posts, just show a place holder and labels it as from a Ignored user.

That is level 1. You can learn more about trust levels at Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

2 Likes