Ability to add custom message to system emails

I may have missed this setting, but it would be good to be able to add a custom message to outgoing system email.

Especially the system invite from ‘Invite Friends to Reply’ and ‘Invite Friends’.

It is a bit harsh on the receiving end to commit to replying to something (and automatically getting an account) without a preceding personable message explaining what the forum is about and having a look before you commit.

3 Likes

You are probably right, what do you suggest here? Specific copy or just the forum intro / pinned “what the hell is this place” topic?

I think specific copy which can be inserted above the system message. Something like:

The Limerick Spring is a City Of Culture funded project to get citizens openly engaged in political discourse and procedures. Find out more about the festival at www.limerickspring.com, or use the link below to start discussing immediately.

System link here

It would also be good if the username in the system text is replaced by the long name.

4 Likes

I am in favor for exactly that!

1 Like

Has anything been done on this? Are there plans in the near future?

Just to be clear here is what the email looks like today.

Invite to Topic

Jeff Atwood (codinghorror) invited you to a discussion

Ability to add custom message to system emails

at

Discourse Meta – Discussion about the next-generation open source Discourse forum software

If you’re interested, click the link below:

https://meta.discourse.org/invites/12345

This invitation is from a trusted user, so you can reply to the discussion immediately.

Invite to Site (from your user page)

Jeff Atwood (codinghorror) invited you to join

Discourse Meta

Discussion about the next-generation open source Discourse forum software

If you’re interested, click the link below:

https://meta.discourse.org/invites/123456

This invitation is from a trusted user, so you won’t need to log in.

@techapj I thought we were including an excerpt of the first post in the invite to topic case? Can you add that back to your list?

All email text can be fully customized now, so this request is complete.

2 Likes