Ability to set a topic reminder for someone else?

(Tobias Eigen) #1

I just came across a situation where I wanted to be able to set a topic reminder for another moderator and was unable to do so. I realize this is likely to be be abused by delegation happy admins but I still think it might be worth considering. A group of us share moderator/membership management duties and it would be helpful to assign a message to someone else and set a topic reminder at the same time.

(Régis Hanol) #2

Workaround: impersonate the user and set the reminder :wink:

(Tobias Eigen) #3

Yeah, or in this one off case just tell the person to do it themselves and make sure they do it. :slight_smile:

But when delegating follow up to each other it would be nice to assign and set the reminder at the same time.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

How is this materially different from using the assignment plugin and assigning the topic to that person? Seems identical to me.

(Tobias Eigen) #5

The difference is that there is no topic reminder set. What we end up doing is assigning the message/topic to someone and writing a whisper with the request to follow up at a later date. This is not a major problem and in fact gives more flexibility to the person being given the task, but at times I miss the ability to set a specific date for follow-up while assigning.