Add new language to the list of translations

Hi,

I signed up for Discourse Crowdin workspace. I’m curious if we can add a new language, in order to start translating, or there are some requirements for that. I wasn’t able to find an option in the Crowdin dashboard.

Thanks!

2 Likes

What language would you like to have?

1 Like

I’d like to add Kazakh language (Kazakhstan), once it’s added I can start working on translations or find people to translate. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve added it only to the main project for now: https://discourse.crowdin.com/discourse/kk
I highly recommend you find a bunch of people who are eager to help you translate Discourse into Kazakh. There are currently over 51k words to be translated which is a lot of work.

3 Likes

Yeah, core project is fine for now. Thank you so much!

Hello. Could someone please assist to add Malay (my) to the list? :malaysia:

Question: Is it possible to add custom, non-standard locale? I am planning to also include different spoken dialects of Malay.

Update:
Here’s the auto-translated file:
client.my.yml.zip (59.8 KB)

I still need to check the translation before I can create a pull request :pray:

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t5::crossed_fingers:t6:

1 Like

I would like to translate the Discourse project into Uyghur language. Could you please add Uyghur to the languages supported by the Discourse translation project?

Thanks.

1 Like

I added Uyghur to the main project on Crowdin.

https://discourse.crowdin.com/discourse/ug

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. Uyghur translation 2% completed.
I think translating a Discourse glossary into Uyghur language and then continuing other translations is good for the Uyghur translation team.
Could you grant me access to translate the Uyghur language glossary and enable offline translation? download the files for translation and upload them back to the translation platform.

Thank you.

You should be able to edit the glossary. We’ve enabled it for all project members.
We won’t enable offline translation as this circumvents QA checks on Crowdin.

I try to save glossary translation but I can’t. it show me that “This action is not allowed. Please contact our support team for more details.”