Adsense blank ads

(Praveen Kumar P S) #1

Hello Guys,
I have seen that ads in some of the page is not visible some times. Some times I have to reload multiple times to make it visible.

Sometimes like this:

Sometimes like this:

Need some help guys! Thanks

(Bhanu Sharma) #2

This is probably adsense related, not related to plugin.

Adsense sometimes places blank ads to analyse your audience etc. This should resolve soon.

(Praveen Kumar P S) #3

Thanks for the reply.

inspect
What about this one? Is it normal ? Is there anything wrong from with my custom css?

(Bhanu Sharma) #4

That’s just a warning and shouldn’t impact the ad loading. You can defer it’s loading or maybe use async ad code.

(Kul) #5

I’m getting the same issue.

Sometimes all the ad units appear, but about two thirds of the time the slots are blank.
The slot has loaded, but no ad appears.

I can’t make heads or tails of it, but it’s certainly impacting revenue heavily.

I’m also getting that warning message “the resource… was preloaded using…”, but nothing else in console.

Discourse is sitting behind NGINX.

(Bart) #7

For how long have you had AdSense on your site? It took several weeks for me to get good coverage as they needed to index my content first.

(Kul) #8

Okay that would make sense.

I’ve had Adsense running for years but I recently migrated from Phpbb3 to discourse.

Thanks

(Kul) #9

I thought I’d provide an update on my experience with the Adsense plugin.

Unfortunately it hasn’t been great. Typically the ad slots fail to load any ad unit, so all I see is a blank space (or the ‘empty’ colour that I set for the ad unit). I’d say about only 40% of the time are ads actually servered. When they are, the “nth” post ad unit is still flakey, sometimes delivering an ad.

I thought it may be something to do with the way that the ads were being called, however I have a skyscraper ad on the side on my page (I used the Discourse Layouts plugin to achieve this), yet it is still hitting around the 50% mark.

Interestingly, older topics almost never have ads, while new topics are more likely to have them appear.

Sadly I’ve seen revenue drop considerably, even though impression counts haven’t really changed.
Further, jittery mobile experience (with the nth post ad slot) and the blank spaces make the site look unfinished. It’s getting to the point where I’m considering cutting my losses and going back to phpbb. It’s a shame because I’m a big advocate of Discourse and don’t want to change.

Would this kind of experience with the Adsense plugin be familiar to anyone?

I’m happy to share my forum URL (here --> http://weststigersforum.com) to demonstrate what I’ve just described.