After update, all the forum is disappeared but the bottom image (SOLVED)

Hi. I updated the forum yesterday and, today, this is the image I’ve found:

What you see is the image I use for the Ibiscus theme, if I remember fine its name. As you can see, there is nothing else, no login, no forum, nada.

I want to know, is there any other way to retrieve the forum that doesn’t need reinstallation? Or is this the only way?

Thanks for your time, people.

Edited a bit later.

I remember now, after the update, appeared an error which told me something about an error with Sidekiq. Being a thing about mail, I did not give to the matter much appreciation. I thought to give it some time today, because it wasn’t, in my opinion, an urgent matter.

Is it, is an important and urgent matter?

1 Like

How does it look using safe mode? (Yourforumurl.com/safe-mode)

Have you attempted to rebuild over ssh?

A working sidekiq is essential, but even if it isn’t running that won’t necessarily affect the rendering of your front page.

1 Like

How would that be? I have updated again through ssh, but nothing else.

I didn’t know this way to test the installation, thanks for that. I’ve tried with a lot of combinations and everyone ends the same or alike: with a white window.

Do you know any other way to try? Or how would it be with the rebuild over SSH?

1 Like

Which plugins are installed?

1 Like

I can’t remember all of them, sorry. But they are not too much. Plus, yesterday I didn’t update plugins, only installation. Discourse and Docker, I guess.

1 Like

It only takes one plugin to break a site.

You may have upgraded discourse and rendered a plugin incompatible in the process.

Please share the plugins section of your app.yml or disable them all (by prefixing each line with a #) except for docker manager and rebuild.

2 Likes

Nevertheless, there is a plugin list?

1 Like

Yes in your app.yml file - you can access it over ssh.

2 Likes

Apparently, there is only the discourse-cookie-consent-banner

Would you like to attempt to recover space by cleaning docker images and containers in the system?(y/N)

Do I?

1 Like

You have this issue Could not find module `pretty-text/censored-words` after upgrade

1 Like

Why do you think I have it?

Maybe all this is because of that?

#./launcher rebuild app
You have less than 5GB of free space on the disk where /var/lib/docker is located. You will need more space to continue
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1        20G   16G  3,5G  82% /

Would you like to attempt to recover space by cleaning docker images and containers in the system?(y/N)

Is not strange that our forum is released from less than 6 months ago, we barely upload images or videos and is occupying already 16 Gb? And, usually, only three to four people write on it, is not a forum with lots of members…

1 Like

Because I see the same error

1 Like

OK, thank you very much. I’ve applied the same solution, as read at your link. I’m waiting…

And remains the same…

I applied the next link and nothing, the forum continues to be seeing with the image only.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/could-not-find-module-pretty-text-censored-words-after-upgrade/135463/2?u=aldobelus

It is this commands:

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

So, any other ideas? Even, have I to install again?

Edited (when solved):

These commands are, I think, the solution. First, I found this:

When I authorized the option, it said:

If the cleanup was successful, you may try again now

So i did.

git pull
Answering:
Already up to date.
and then:
./launcher rebuild app
And the system says at first:

WARNING: We are about to start downloading the Discourse base image
This process may take anywhere between a few minutes to an hour, depending on your network speed

Please be patient

So be it.

If you are lucky and the error was that one, it will solved after some time, depending on your hardware, mainly.

Good luck!

1 Like

Cookie consent banner is a theme component not a plugin, please remove it.

I already did it, when you told me.

Here: After update, all the forum is disappeared but the bottom image

I didn’t find any plugin. The only thing I’ve found was that. Is there where I must search, yes? Where the capture showed, isn’t it?

We did itttttt!!! Thank you very much, guys!! Buff, what a trance!

Thank you, thank you, tha…

But I can include the discourse-cookie-consent-banner, isn’t it? I need it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.