Akismet and other plugins not working as expected

I have installed the Akismet and Events plugins and they show up on the Plugins page and the page says they’re enabled:

But I don’t think they’re working. I don’t see the expected modifications to either the Review menu …

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 1.48.01 PM

… or the New Topic dialog.

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 1.48.15 PM

What am I doing wrong, or failing to do? Also, what do those green checkmarks next to the plugins on the Plugins page signify?

Green checkmark means it’s an official first party plugin. Does hovering your mouse over the green check say this?

1 Like

Yes, hovering reveal the tooltip. I was trying to click on the checkmark.

Go to the site settings (e.g. through the “Settings” button on the plugins page, which will pre-fill the search) and make sure you’ve enabled the plugins.

1 Like

Did you enter your akismet key in the site settings?

I have the Akismet key installed. Although I’m not sure how to test it if the plugin’s not working. Also, Akismet is not the only plugin that isn’t working.

I’m running on Digital Ocean droplet, and recently backed up and completely reinstalled the forum as part of the troubleshooting process, so Discourse is up to date.

Can you give some examples of what you’re expecting and what you’re actually seeing? Unfortunately the information we have is a little limited to be able to help effectively.

For example the Akismet plugin is supposed to add some options to the review menu:

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 2.35.45 PM

…and the events plugin is supposed to add a pull-down to the reply dialog:

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 11.47.59 AM

…and neither of these things is happening although the plugins appear to be installed.