Allow all email attachments for group messages setting?

AI-generated summary

The discussion revolves around the “Allow all email attachments for group messages” setting. clay initially sought clarification on its function, as reply-by-email attachments were being stripped. zogstrip explained that this setting only applies to incoming emails that are part of a private message (PM) with a group. Additionally, steko pointed out that the setting for whitelisting attachments is actually called “authorized extensions”, which can be tricky to find through searching.

Can somebody provide some insight into what the “Allow all email attachments for group messages” setting actually does? I’m having reply-by-email attachments stripped and am trying to figure out where I have my settings incorrect… :slight_smile:

Can you send me the raw version of that email via PM?

I figured that part out, actually – he sent a .eml file (my least favorite extension) and that wasn’t whitelisted for attachments. (This is a closed private site, but I don’t really want that garbage anyhow.)

Nevertheless, I still am not sure what “Allow all email attachments for group messages” means… does that apply to email or to any posts/PMs that include multiple people?

It’s only for incoming emails that are part of a PM with a group.

that wasn’t whitelisted for attachments

I just wanted to add here for the benefit of other users the name of the setting for whitelisting attachments: authorized extensions

It’s not very obvious and it took me some time to find it since searching either “attachment” or “whitelist” don’t return the setting a a result.