Allow TL3 to move posts within his/her own topics?

user case:

very often, someone starts a topic, but the discussion could be easily go (very) off-topic. the topic author 'd like to keep the discussion relevant, but don’t want to delete these off-topic discussions.

currently

• TL4 users or admin/modulators have the permission to “split and merge topics”,
    but we’d like to give the TL3 users the permission to split/merge his/her own topics, or move these irrelevant posts to a different topic.
  • we are not ready to move these TL3 to TL4

solution ?

• TL3 should have the permission for managing posts in his/her topics?
    say, allow TL3 could move posts within his/her one topic to another topic, but not posts under other ID’s topics ?
  • possible to let the topic owner mark the irrelevant replies some way, then TL4 or admin could move them to a different topic later ? possible to do this with a theme component ?
  • or some better way/workaround ?

thanks

Hi :slight_smile:

What you’re asking is close to what this plugin does:

It grants special permissions to topics’ authors.

As far as I know, split and merge aren’t available in this plugin, but maybe it could be proposed as a pull request?

thanks @Canapin
that is a nice plugin, added 2 requests there.
wonder if it is possible to make it a theme-component, instead of a plugin… :slight_smile:

thanks and other workarounds you could think of? haha

@Canapin
possible to implement this function with a theme component ?

let the topic owner mark the irrelevant replies some way, then TL4 or admin could move them to a different topic later ?

Since the feature you need requires back end features, it can only be done with a plugin. :slight_smile:

I have a post-folding plugin that collapses irrelevant discussions. Maybe this can be what you need, a way to notify tl4.
But this was written in collaboration with a friend. To share it, I need her permission.

2 Likes

thanks, but I need a theme component, our instance is hosted, the plan does not install self-developed plugin :frowning: thanks tho…