Anyone setup SMTP with mailjet?

Having trouble with my first time installation of discourse, would be grateful if someone can help!

TIA

If you Search results for 'mailjet' - Discourse Meta

You can find Howto use Mailjet as a free SMTP service for Discourse

3 Likes

Thanks Jay. So I initially was following the guide you sent, but I got an error when it came to setting up the TXT.

Then that’s what you need to get help on. And it has nothing to do with Discourse.

You should google “create TXT record [DNS service]”.

1 Like

Both of mine are running on MailJet, using the guide Jay linked to - It would probably be helpful to know the error you’re running into - it may be better to get support from MailJet depending what your error is.

1 Like

So just to give you an idea of what I’ve done thus far:

1. Made mywebsite.com using dreamhost (wordpress)
  2. Using Cloudflare as CDN
  3. Digitalocean droplet for discourse
  4. Added forum.mywebsite.com on cloudflare, which worked on the console during discourse installation
  5. Signed up mailjet for the SMTP, using mailjet.mywebsite.com on cloudflare
  6. Having trouble getting mailjet to verify DNS TXT record on cloudflare

So when I try to create a DNS record on cloudflare via TXT, I get the error:

“Neither the file at your domain root nor the DNS TXT record have been found to validate this domain. Please check your configuration and try again.”

Not sure where I’m messing up. Is there anything I’m supposed to be doing on dreamhost?

TIA

Who is your DNS service Cloudflare, or Dreamhost? that is where the TXT entry needs to be. Given your error I’d assume it is dreamhost.

1 Like

You should use forum.mywebsite.com for the mail domain.

If you’re getting that error then your didn’t create the a record it’s asking for. If your share the name we could do a lookup to see if the record existed.

Asking mail jet for help might be a good idea.

1 Like

Got it figured out!

The DNS entry they told me for the “Name” was “mailjet._abcdef”, what I needed to do was add .forum to the end of it because that’s the subdomain I wanted. So ““mailjet._abcdef.forum”.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.