Attempting to install Discourse on private Apache Server

Thanks for the posts.

UPDATE:
Still getting “Server Not Found” when I go to the URL discourse.[my_hostname] (the Hostname I want my Discourse to be). I’m thinking the issue might be an issue with one of the two:

1. The DNS: “Once bootstrapping is complete, your Discourse should be accessible in your web browser via the domain name discourse.example.com you entered earlier, provided you configured DNS.” I tried setting up DNS via this article: Dnsmasq - Community Help Wiki (where I have "search=[my_hostname] in /etc/resolv.conf).
  2. The Webmail server: I was talking with a friend of mine, and he says the webmail URL should work as a Mail Server, so I’ve put that in when the Discourse Install asks for an SMTP server address. As the SMTP username and password, I put an admin email account (with its correct password). Maybe something needs to be done on the Mail Server to allow Discourse to work with it?

Eli the Bearded: Can you explain to me what a Docker image is? I installed it as per this guide: https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL-cloud.md

Matt Palmer: I suppose I could try that method, but I don’t see how it will help much with getting DIscourse to run from my home Ubuntu machine.

Jay Pfaffman: Well, I am trying to follow that install guide, but obviously it’s built around installing Discourse on the Cloud. I wish they had one for building Discourse on a home server, but hey, that’s life.