Auto unpinning & jumping to end of topic

Good Morning,
I would like the information on the category to always be above as in the following image

but once a user has read it, it goes down at all, and I want it up because it will be a place with important information
Imgur

Another thing I don’t like that when you enter a topic the information appears well
Imgur

But if you have read everything and you go out and come back in, it goes to the last message

Thank you very much to all

2 Likes

The topic falls to the bottom probably because this setting is on. Uncheck the tick box.

automatically unpin topics

Make sure it is off and the pin will always appear at the top. Then users can unpin manually.

3 Likes

There is also a related site setting default topics automatic unpin that seems to be for the same thing; the definitions are ambiguous. I don’t know why there are two settings that seem identical but maybe someone else does.

I haven’t tried to adjust this behavior but one or both of these settings should do it.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, I was looking for a lot of time and I found nothing, but now it is not removed.

4 Likes

Just search pin in settings. Thanks @downey :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And someone knows how I can make it not go to the last message read when someone enters a topic

Imgur

But if you have read everything and you go out and come back in, it goes to the last message

3 Likes

Can’t the users use the scroll bar or, if you press the title it takes you to the top.

2 Likes

But I prefer not to go to the last message read, I prefer always start from the beginning

1 Like

Nobody who uses your forum prefers this though. If you make it so each time they open a topic they start at the beginning instead of the last message read, it will be by far the #1 complaint your users have.

If you want to make it clear how users can go back to the top of the topic you can add something like

.widget-link.start-date::before {
    content: "Top";
    display: block;
}

or

.widget-link.start-date::after{
    content: "Top";
    display: block;
}

which will add “Top” to the link at the top of the timeline that takes you back to the first post

7 Likes

One of my discourse sites is used as a wiki, I’d like to be able to have posts load from the top as well.
It makes sense to start at the top for wiki posts.

There is a category setting Navigate to first post after topics are read that can be used for documentation type categories

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.