Automatic Day/Night Mode (theme) switch when it is actually night

Hi. It would be good to add feature to change theme color by day and night time. i think it would be very good for people who loves communicate at night time :smiley:

(sorry, my english sucks)

1 Like

Hmmm…

i mean automatic change

One issue per topic please do not shoehorn in three completely unrelated topics into one topic.

This would need to be a plugin as you would need to know the current users time zone. Plus it would be weird.

2 Likes

I guess the future is sunset mode theme, where it calculates your time zone, looks up sunset, and for the hour a prior to sunset gradually moves to the dark theme, live

3 Likes

Automatic? No thank you if you please.
On the other hand, I think having a light / dark toggle in the hamburger menu might not be such a bad thing for those that would use it. :bulb:

1 Like

This is doable today in a theme

5 Likes

How? Can you show the way to make this please?

Sure, I will get to it next week

4 Likes

FYI

3 Likes

Let me be clear, I hate the whole Idea of the user selectible themes. I sometimes works opposite what we expect unless our site has only two theme options. One is light theme and another dark.

But, Talking about the automatic day and night themes are more like fancy lighting on a Lamborghini. Not all users love dark theme, like me. I get bored easliy reading with black backgrounds. If you are going to implement something like sunset themes, You should then provide an option to user to choose what theme to make default for him.

I have zero plans to implement an crazy sunset mode, you don’t need to be worried about that. I also have zero plans to implement automatic theme selection based on a user’s local time.

6 Likes