Automatically bumping old topics on a category

(hosna) #41

Cause as far as I know the intention for adding the auto bump message was to let users know why a topic is bumped. However when someone replies, users already know that it will bump the topic to top. So in this case, auto bump message would not be necessary.
I want to know what others think about this idea :thinking: maybe if everyone agree, we don’t need to have an option here.

I kinda disagree with this, it can be useful to know why there are suddenly some replies months or years later on a old topic.

I didn’t try this option on my forum but I guess this message can be deleted by the staff, like any other topic status changes (pin/unpin, closed topic, etc) so I think we can do without a specific option :thinking:

(Kris) #43

I disagree with removing it too. The bump message answers the question “why is someone responding to this old topic suddenly?” which will very likely come up without the message being there.

What problem is the bump message causing? It seems more helpful than harmful.

(Paulina) #44

This, I’d really use some option to configure autobump check :slight_smile:

Also it’s a bit annoying when I have two topics in one category and they’re bumped to the infinity and beyond. Is there any way to bump such categories ie. once per week? Like one thread per week would work like a charm :>

(Mariusz Kukawski) #45

How to disable autobumping alltogether? I can’t find any settings related to “bump”, when I search in admin settings I can’t find any option like that…
I’m on Discourse 2.2.1

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #46