AWS / Sparkpost e-mail

Hello, I recently installed Discourse on an AWS instance. The forum is working fine except e-mails don’t work. I SSHed in and edited the config file to

#DISCOURSE_SMTP_ADDRESS: smtp.sparkpostmail.org
  #DISCOURSE_SMTP_PORT: 587
  #DISCOURSE_SMTP_USER_NAME: SMTP_Injection
  #DISCOURSE_SMTP_PASSWORD: "0c48(my actual code)"

rebuilt the app via SSH, but it still doesn’t work. When I do a test e-mail, it always says sent. I tried checking the Sparkpost settings and everything seems fine. I have no idea what I should do to fix this.

I have the forum set up as a subdomain of my domain. It all works fine but that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m also a little new to server management etc, last week I never heard of Discourse or AWS to be honest hehe.

Thank you!
Tim

Follow the email troubleshooting #howto step by step

The # at the beginning of the lines you posted would comment out/negate those values in the yml file.

Though I’m pretty sure it’s in the troubleshooting guide.

6 Likes

Thank you, uncommenting the values did the trick! It was something as simple as that.

I am trying to translate my forum into Korean, it is already mostly translated but I would like to have translations particular to my site and my clients. I understand translation is updated when discourse gets updated, but is there a way to manually translate things? For example, one of the first things they see is nearly all in English, and some don’t speak English. How can I get this done?

Also, if anyone knows how to get SSO setup up for naver.com accounts, or even daum.net accounts from Korea, that would be great, I have naver webmaster tools but didn’t seem to find SSO so I can have that for discourse.

Thank you!

Glad that helped… you can mark my post as the solution by clicking the … below it.

As for translation, SSO, etc, it’s better to treat each issue separately. Search for a solution & post a new topic for each major question you have.

Of course, the translation bit is easy to put you in the right direction… help contribute here! https://www.transifex.com/discourse/discourse-org/

1 Like