Blog Post Styling

@oshyan what a lovely site! I especially like your Categories drop-down!

2 Likes

This is actively on my list to try to get working. I just finished some fixes and updates to another component, so Iā€™ll see what I can do with this one as soon as possible. Thereā€™s lots on my plate right now, so it might be a little bit. If for some reason you havenā€™t heard anything in a month, please poke me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:point_right: poke poke :grin: My writing is frequently long-form and I make perhaps more use of headers than the average person. But I also really like the Blog Post Styling! Hope they can be made to coexist in peace. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

How can I reduce the text size? I donā€™t want to use it as 1.25em. I tried to reduce it to 1em with CSS tricks, but it didnā€™t work.

@tshenry I noticed a few bugs in the blog post styling (also present in the theme preview):

1. Comment backgrounds are all messed up, and have a weird grey-ish background:

2. Zooming in on the page, the blog post starts to overtake the sidebar:

3. User profile pictures and badges seem far too close to their title, date posted, etc. (see above image)

Hi Rootzilla,

Sorry for the late reply. You can change the font size using this CSS:

.category-blog .topic-post:first-child {
    font-size: 1em;
}
2 Likes

Iā€™m having an odd bug with just one topic. Others are working fine. The top image doesnā€™t show up and any image i put there just goes missing. I canā€™t see whatā€™s going on at all.

Its this one: Take A Smile - Approved Activities List - Public Happiness

Iā€™ve turned off blog styling so the image shows now. If i turn it on again that image disappears.

The only clue i have is that the thumb image in the subcategory also wonā€™t show for this thread and this thread only.

1 Like

Is it just me or after a recent core update headings became smaller on topics that use the blog styles:

1 Like

Same here - a lot of bugs appearing since Discourse 3 (and before with experimental features), is this component still updated?

1 Like