This theme component will allow you to designate a blog category and will alter the look and feel of all topics within that category to appear more like a traditional blog post. This is essentially a theme component adaptation of the Blog post plugin.
Preview at Discourse Theme Creator (Once you activate the theme, find the topic titled “A Quiet Desert Sunset” in the blog category)
- You can use
<big></big>tags around the first letter of a word to create an initial effect
- You may wish to enable the category setting
Navigate to first post after topics are readto always highlight the blog post when first entering a topic.
- The main image is centered within the available space. This is the same method used in user profile backgrounds. You may need to edit your photo for it to display the way you’d like.
There are currently a few limitations. Hopefully these can be overcome in future updates, but for now, these are the important things to note:
- Blog posts are limited to one category. This category is specified in a theme setting using the category’s slug
- Desktop view only for now
- When you first create the blog post topic, you will need to refresh the page to see the main image appear above the content. This only happens right after it is posted and only for the author of the topic.
- The main image must be large enough to lightbox and should be added to the very beginning of the topic.
Suggestions on how the component can improve are welcome. I can’t promise I’ll be able to add the feature, or make the change, but it will certainly be considered