Can the data explorer search input be converted to lower case?

I sometimes have problems searching for table items in the Data Explorer search.
The problem is my tablet inserts a capital letter at the beginning of the text field by default, but the search cannot handle that.

Is it possible to convert my search input to lowercase, so that I won’t stumble over capital letters anymore?

Another option would be to change the input field so that my tablet doesn’t try to capitalize the first letter.

4 Likes

If you’re talking about your tablet forcing upper case on stuff like category_id or topics, I’m afraid you’re out of luck. If you mean for things that you’re searching for, then probably so.

heh, this is exactly why I have capitalization disabled for like everything on all devices :grin:

I usually just let the bot do the grammer thing later if / when I need it. :wink:

i want a forced-lowercase setting called “auto-socialization”

5 Likes

Regardless, casing really should not matter. The fact it is case sensitive is a bug. We should always lower case it and then search.

The image is a screenshot of a webpage with a search bar and a search result page.  (Captioned by AI)

4 Likes

@Moin Thanks for your catch!

Will be added in

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.