Can Trust Level 0 users respond to personal messages?

Can Trust Level 0 users respond to personal messages?

In the blog post on this topic it is explained that they cannot send personal messages. If a moderator sends them a message, can they respond to it?

EDIT: I am asking because there were two instances so far on our forum when Discourse automatically blocked messages. These were not a case of malice (such as spam), just extreme sloppiness, such as copy-pasting the text of a homework assignment without any explanation whatsoever. In both cases, I politely explained to the users in a personal message what was wrong with their post, and asked them to re-post in an appropriate way. Neither responded. Given what their original posts looked like, that is not a surprise. But I still keep wondering if this was a case of the system not allowing them to respond.

2 Likes

Yes unless something has changed they can respond to a PM. Just can’t create a new one.

If the User was silenced then it is PM from a Mod or admin they can respond to.

Check their profile for silencing (admin) and when they were last seen. As they might not have logged back in since your pm

4 Likes

Yes you can always respond to PMs even at TL0.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.