Category Moderators Enhancer

Added feature request and link to it in the first post

The recent update that includes new actions for moderators have completely broken our plugin unfortunately.

Even disabling it, it will cause some issues with timer-based moderation actions so the suggested action is to comment out the line in your app.yml file and rebuild until we manage to fix it.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Hello :wave:
I wonder if there is any progress on this plugin, I would like to install it on my forum instance?

Unfortunately, with the holidays and previously work related commitments, me and the other guy that are working on this, didn’t have the time to check.

I am going to add that the fact that an update completely changed something under the hood kinda bummed us out, as we had just finished bashing our heads against the code to understand how to implement what we wanted.

There is a feature request open for implementing what we did in the core, maybe give your vote to that as well and write something there.

The best option would be always that these features are implemented into discourse itself rather than a plugin.

The source is open anyway, so if you or someone you know want to help and fix what is not working, PRs are welcome.

2 Likes

Upping this just to say that we are looking into it again.

We are testing on a staging environment with a fresh installation.

A first version will have everything enabled for category moderators as if they are moderators except:

• Topic & Replies -Moderation History (for some issues with permissions)
  • Topic - Make Personal Message (purely opinionated choice)
  • Reply - Grant Badges (for some issues with permissions)

When we manage to up the new version, we’ll work on a proper settings that allow to choose what to enable and what not.

Hopefully it won’t take long.

@JammyDodger do you know if there is a timeline for some works that we see are being done currently involving parts that are relevant for us?

Even if we fix this, when these kind of changes go live, everything will break again.

I believe that change is already live if you’re on tests-passed and have updated to pull it in.

Yes, we noticed and why I was asking. We will be moving onto a specific tag (the 3.2.1) and work on that because if changes like that are pushed without even a minor version update it’s impossible to maintain a plugin.

When we finish I’ll specify the version you need to be on discourse to use the plugin. We’ll see to keep it updated to work on the latest non-dev version from then.

New version is updated and deployed on our forum for internal testing. We already tested with a restricted number of users and we haven’t identified any issue.

1 Like