Changing staff permissions

As far as I understand, there are only 2 staff positions on Discourse. Won’t discuss the Admin one, since it is way too powerful for us to even grant to someone, so it’s basically one option left.

My question is, would it be possible to change Moderator’s permissions, as we are not really happy with the fact that they have access to some personal information, including IP addresses. For some weird reason, moderators also have access to plugins directory, staff logs, etc.

I understand that we also have trust levels, but permission changes are a bit limited as well. Is this really what works for other Discourse customers?

1 Like

Why doesn’t trust level 4 work for you? Be specific.

2 Likes

Trust level 4 would be great, if they could handle flags, warns, etc. We want our team to be able to do that, without having access to personal info and more detailed forum stats.

1 Like

That is already possible with the new review system in 2.3; people can be category-specific moderators.

2 Likes

Oh, sounds good! Are there any guidelines that explain how this works. And thank you for your time!

1 Like

Yes, read through Category Group Review/Moderation for more information :slight_smile:

6 Likes