How to Modify Moderator Permissions and Remove Discourse Attribution

Hi Discourse Community,

I’m working on customizing the permissions for moderators and removing all attributions to Discourse, and I’d like some guidance. Specifically, I’d like to:

Modify Moderator Permissions:

How can I limit what moderators can see or edit?
Is it possible to customize the access levels of moderators, so they can moderate content without having access to more sensitive administrative settings?

1 Like

Welcome to Meta :wave:

What do you want your moderators to be able to do, and what exactly do you want to prevent them from doing?
Maybe making them category moderators instead is the option you are looking for? Category mods can only moderate content, but not users. Also, take a look at the permissions of users with trust level 4. Those can also, for example, close and pin topics. But they cannot handle flags.
Trust Level Permissions Reference is a great overview of the default permissions and also mentions the related settings. You can also read more about category moderators in Category Group Review/Moderation and Category Moderator Improvements

7 Likes

thank you @Moin, so for instance take a look at those images i hav added like i dont want thiose disdiscord email top show know the buttons or refrences to discourse .

1 Like

You can use category moderators, which don’t have access to the dashboard.

3 Likes