Changing Username Stops Email Notifications

Definitely check the user profiles whether those categories are in the “Muted” set.

I had that happen to me last week or so. Wasn’t receiving emails from certain categories that I am certain I should, but receiving emails from others. Turns out that a few categories have been put into “Mute” for some reason.

Deleting those mutes made everything work again. I then manually scanned through my users list and found several user accounts having similar muted categories. I am pretty sure the users themselves (who are not power users) did NOT put them in.

1 Like

Yeah that’s odd - but this is only two users that have been created recently and they’re both only watching one category with this in the muted bit for each user that has the problem.

35 pm

Now this is really odd.

In the process of trying this out, I find that in he latest version beta11, watch/track/mute categories can no longer be set!

The UI still works fine. Pressing Save still sends the correct REST PUT command with the correct list of categories. The response JSON always comes back with the original, unchanged list.

And the database is not changed.

1 Like

If that’s the case (db not being updated) it makes sense. UI does indicate all settings are correct but actions not working.

I’ve been using this method to add users for about a year in Discourse and it’s been flawless until these two.

OK. I confirm that it is not working in Meta also. So definitely something is off.

I’m raising a bug.

2 Likes

Turns out this was being caused by the fact that watching categories just wasn’t working properly for a while.

Can be closed and I won’t be watching it anymore!

6 Likes