Circle.so vs Discourse

I don’t quite understand, maybe it’s a matter of translation. I wrote that if you compare Facebook and Circle and view the page, the Circle’s interface looks cleaner and simpler. This is perceived as “better”. Facebook has more features, more elements, and an overloaded interface. Circle and colors are pretty good. But in reality, the presentation of information in Circle posts is the same as in Facebook. This is a social network.

Many users sometimes want to get the look of a social network from a forum, but a forum is a social network. This is for the other.

Posting information on a social network is not intended for discussion. If there is a long conversation and it contains a lot of information, not just short comments.

If you throw short remarks in the comments, then the structure itself wins, as in Facebook. For such comments, chat is also suitable.

Many users are accustomed to a social network, so no matter what is in front of them, a blog, a forum, they want the appearance of a social network.

They will look at Stack Overflow (as an example) and talk. Why such an ancient design. We want to see the feed in the form of expanded posts. They like it. I noticed this trend. If you like something, then a similar appearance should be everywhere. But this does not mean that it must be done. The tasks are different. I only wrote about this.

4 Likes