Classifieds categories

What is the best workflow for a classified forum part ?

Eg when an item is sold/purchased/exchanged should it then be marked as “unlisted” or moved to a trash category?

Or are there plugins?

How to allow a user to unlist it ?

1 Like

I’d probably use discourse-solved, so that sold items get marked with a checkbox.

And put a link to your Classifieds subforum to show only the unsolved topics, like https://meta.discourse.org/c/support?solved=no

6 Likes

Well, consider this plugin too:

A topic that has exhausted its function (article sold, changed or traded) can be archived by the seller (aka topic’s author).

1 Like

My plugin archives the topic. I needed the topic to be searchable (for bulk actions) … unlisted (hidden) topics cant be searched.

So people would mark topics as sold/purchased/exchanged and category moderator would bulk-move them under archive category. The easiest way if you want topics to remain present but don’t want them to stay under trade category :wink:

1 Like

Any new functionality here in newer releases ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to see any updates here! Anyone successfully implement a Classified category?

Define classified?

You mean a private category? Make a group and only give that certain group access to the category?

1 Like

I mean a Classified as regards to a place where items are bought/sold/traded, which is what this topic is about