Confusing email documentation

I swear to God, I’ve been sitting in a chair for 4 hours trying to figure out how to set up my forum to send emails. I looked at the Discourse documentation and didn’t understand a thing. I found hundreds of questions here on the forum, but the administrators who answer have a habit of answering very technically, with few instructions. I feel like a real idiot incapable of doing something that should be so simple. It took me a little over 40 minutes to set up a Debian station, install Discourse, open the ports on my firewall and get it to work on my DDNS. However, I’ve been trying to figure out for 4 hours how to set up the email to notify new users, validate registrations, etc. Is there really no step-by-step tutorial? I’ve looked everywhere on the internet and couldn’t find anything. Could someone who knows how to do it, who is having a good day, in a good mood and with a light heart, help me? Thank you! May God bless the soul of whoever helps me!

2 Likes

You need to set up a mail sender to do that such as mailgun, brevo, elastic email, or another that is the first step you must choose your sender then there are few steps to make that work.

Firstly this means you need to create an account with a transactional e-mail sender then integrate that with your discourse install.

This is step two of the standard install:

This is the troubleshooting guide:

1 Like

There is a way:

But firstly to create a new site you need to have an administrator e-mail address.

1 Like

Do you know how to REMOVE the requirement to verify email to create new accounts? The only thing I needed for email to work was the function to validate new registrations. I think this is also unnecessary. The user can simply enter their name and password and they are already on the forum. Can you tell me if this is possible?

Thank you my friend!

1 Like

Any reason why you don’t like email?

Hi @Aroldo_Barroso :wave: I’m sorry you’re having trouble finding the information you need to setup email. Most of the installation and set up information you are looking for can be found in the Documentation category. Maybe have a look at these topics: