|Summary||Disable Email Verification for Discourse is a fork of the unmaintained
|Install Guide||How to install plugins in Discourse|
- Install the plugin following the provided installation guide.
- Navigate to the admin panel of your Discourse instance.
- Go to Plugins and ensure the Disable Email Verification plugin is enabled.
- Press on settings.
- Locate the
disable_email_verificationsetting and enable it to bypass email verification.
Note: Disabling email verification might lead to potential issues with spam or fake accounts. It’s recommended to use this feature judiciously and consider alternative verification methods.
This plugin directly modifies the
User classes to circumvent the email verification step during the registration process. With the
disable_email_verification setting enabled, the plugin ensures:
- The email token isn’t created.
activefield of the user is automatically set to
For those interested, the entire codebase is open-source and contributions (and stars ) are always welcome.
Skip Email Verification
Disable Sending Other Emails to Unverified Users
- Prevent sending any emails to users who haven’t verified their email address
- Reduce Bounce rate & cost
- Allow unverified users to access Discourse.
- Require emails for specific configurable tasks.