It’s a while since I looked at it, and I might have been wrong, but I think two or three headers were all added at once to solve that problem, whatever it was, and List-Post just wasn’t necessary.
Looks like we added the
List-Post header a while ago
Might not be necessary anymore. We’ll investigate.
I wrote a few posts about it here:
Here is the original problem described:
List-Post was blindly copied from somewhere else without any consideration being given to what it is for. It hasn’t anything to do with threading - as far as I know anyway!
If it helps: Adding a Mail-Reply-To header with the identical email address as Reply-To would also fix the Thunderbird-Problem.
If removing the header helps, we should do that. Audit the code to make sure it’s not being used anywhere first though.