Continuing the discussion from Problem with mailing list mode for Groups:

Continuing the discussion from Problem with mailing list mode for Groups:

No sorry this already working for categories and I don´t now why you are closing this one. There is already in Settings:

Where you can decide if you would like to get a mail for your own post or not! This works fine in categories but it is not working for groups!!

Hope you understand me now!

To slightly generalize this, I think this feature request boils down to a setting Notify me of my own posts when I'm watching a topic. I don’t think that makes a lot of sense, but on the other hand, I never understood the idea behind mailing list mode echoing your posts :thinking:

Another way to read this is a request to add an option to expand mailing list mode to messages.

This discrepancy occurs because watching every topic and having mailing list mode on behaves very, very similarly, but differs in the ability to have your own posts echoed – and mailing list mode doesn’t exist for messages.

Sorry, I still don’t understand. Can you provide a more specific example?

When using public posts, and mailing list mode is on:

• I always get an email if someone else posts.
  • When I post myself, whether I get mailed a copy or not depends on the choice made when enabling mailing list mode.

When using group messages in a watched inbox:

• I always get an email if someone else posts.
  • When I post myself, I never get an email, and there is no way to enable that. This is because mailing list mode does not apply to messages, and Watching does not trigger notifications for own posts.

This is basically the inverse of the old I don’t want to get notifications for my own (public) posts resentment: This is I do want to get notifications for my own (group) messages.

I will try. I am talking here about mailing list for groups NOT categories!

For categories it works fine and with the setting above described you can turn on or off if you want to get an mail for you own post or not.

For Groups it is not working. Let me explain how we are using a group.

• We define a group with some members of our community.

• We are using the PM (message) feature to send a message to all Members of the group

• Either with the WEB Interface or vie e-mail (as a group can also have a Custom incoming email address)

And here you don’t get an E-Mail for your own message but this should also work!

Hope I made it clear now!

Per @fefrei’s answer, I don’t think what you are describing is a desirable or correct behavior.

1 Like