Creating and installing plugins?

Greetings! I’m eager to develop components on Discourse Home for my project, but I’m seeking guidance on the process. Could you elaborate on how plugins function and the steps for installing them on the home page?

For instance, I’m uncertain about the placement of a small box on the home page and which specific file should be home. Additionally, I’d appreciate assistance in comprehending the intricacies of routing to prevent unnecessary page reloads.

Hello and welcome @Gaurav_Kumar_Sandan :slight_smile:

May I ask what you mean by ‘Discourse Home’?

Sorry, HomePage of my local Project

Ah, okay. This may be a terminology thing, but are you looking to create front-end theme components to add to the homepage like the Search Banner and Right Sidebar Blocks, etc rather than a plugin (which would add backend functions).

4 Likes

Can you describe what changes you are looking to make so we can understand if you need a plugin (which must be installed in the plugins directory of your dev environment or a link to github in your app.yml on production).

The intricacies of routing will be easier to explain if you describe exactly what you are trying to do and what you have done to accomplish it.

2 Likes

Hello @JammyDodger, I want to create a new card for my category and a category card section on the home page.