Custom Trust Level

Sorry on the delay, been trying some stuff.

So, this is where I stand right now:

• The Custom Trust Level for “Ignoring Users” doesn’t show on the Discord Settings (with the code in Master right now) so I was double checking on the Plugin Settings to see if I missed anything.

• In the meantime I wrote this because of the idea to restrict TL0 users from liking stuff and the doubts implicit to Discourse’s functioning (hence why I pinged the masters) and that I would try to add that function on my own if no one saw “potential issues” with restricting that.

• While setting up the whole “Local Tests” environment I had this weird bug where users can’t see each other profiles. Went to my Production Environment and… that happens as well! Removed the plugin and it stopped happening (and that without any changes from myself, so that’s also Master Code). Do you have those issues? I tried on a vanilla install and happened as well, without touching CSL Settings.

2 Likes

Bumping just to say that I haven’t managed to fix this issue yet. Don’t know if the maintainers experience this issue themselves or I’m missing something on the configs.

1 Like

Hi,
This plugin was mostly a learning endaviour rather than a serious project. A rewrite might follow but isn’t planned anytime soon. Although, I can guide in some capacity and accept PRs for sure.

For the immediate issues you mentioned, @Ahmed_Gagan will try and prioritize them. You should see an update soon.

3 Likes

Hey @Iceman,
I have added a couple of new commits to the master branch of the plugin.
As per my testing, the plugin is working fine on the discourse master. please do test the plugin and report issues if any.
Thanks for posting the issue :grin:

2 Likes

Hello, I was happy to discover your plugin. My Discourse is fairly closed, and requires only two trust levels. But since there are some privileges that tl2 has that I can’t grant to tl1, I wonder if your plugin could include them? The ones I was able to discover are:

• send invitations from user page (right now, it looks like only sending invtitations from a topic is available in the plugin)
  • create group personal messages
2 Likes

Hi @paulrudy,
Thanks for the suggestions, do you wish to sponsor this feature?

I’m not in a position to do so right now. It’s a new Discourse, but I will consider it in the future as we gain users and potentially a funding source!

2 Likes

Not a problem.
As these features are not related to this plugin, this one is made to customize trust level’s capabilities not to add custom features to discourse. But I’ll do some research and figure out if these features are useful to community and if yes I’ll make a seperate plugin for this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m not sure I understand. You’re saying that those features I mentioned aren’t related to trust level capabilities, but in Understanding Discourse Trust Levels it mentions them as tl2 capabilities:

Users at trust level 2 can…

• Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
  • Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
1 Like

I think I got it wrong, no worries I’ll take a look and get back to you🙂

1 Like

All the replies are too long to read but my question is could you completely remove all groups trust levels and start over again with new names?

1 Like

Hi @paulrudy
Your feature requests are now available in the master branch of our plugin. do check them out and report here if you get any issue.

For this one, I have added a new site setting csl_min_trust_level_to_invite_to_forum in which you can now specify which trust level can invite users to the forum.

For this one there’s already a site setting csl_can_invite_to_topic_min_trust_level in plugin.
By setting this up, user’s who doesn’t have the specified trust level won’t be able to invite others to topics and PMs both

1 Like

This is great, thank you! Helpful for a closed forum to gain new members, while new users are still learning.

I didn’t realize that, that’s perfect.

I have a question about the three “csl numbers of replies” settings: Does setting them to “0” mean unlimited, or does it prevent any replies? To me, it would make sense to have it be the first option (unlimited), and mention the case in the description.

1 Like

Yaa it prevents at the moment. But a Nice catch, at the moment, to make it useful you can set a large value like 9999 to all three settings, ill make the fix and inform you here.

1 Like

I tried to install the plug-in, and after rebuilding the code, I found that the admin page opened with error 500

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting the issue, Ill add a fix for it soon

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for a great plugin!

I also got the error 500. You know when this will be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hi @PolitiskAktiv
I completely forgot to fix this, this will be fixed asap.

@FunnySmile @PolitiskAktiv
These issues are now fixed. Thankyou guys for reporting the issues. Do report any issue you get here.

2 Likes

This looks like a good spot to ask - Is there a way for users to view the local Trust Level requirements?

1 Like