Custom Trust Level

No, its not available

Hey @Ahmed_Gagan

We are currently looking for a way to ā€œforceā€ users to read the first post of a specific topic (our beginner tutorial) before being able to reach trust level 1.

Is that something that could be added as a feature to this plugin?

1 Like

Currently this feature is not available in the plugin, but if you can sponsor the task, I can add this feature to the plugin.

If you are open to sponsor the task you can PM me.

Thanks

Hey guys

I just talked to @Ahmed_Gagan talked about a feature of the plugin to force users to read a specific post to reach a trust level. Since the feature would be added to the plugin and be available to everyone, I wanted to get other usersā€™ thoughts. :slight_smile:

At this point we are a bit undecided what would constitute a topic to be ā€œreadā€, so far two ideas:

1. User hits the like button of a specified topic/post ID to be able to be able to level up to specified TL
  2. User has to spend x amount of time in the post to be able to level up to specified TL

Option 1 is preferred since itā€™s probably way less complex and easier to understand for users affected.

The only challenge would be that users would not know why they hell they are stuck at the tl. they are not aware that they have to like that specific post. Any idea how we could solve this? Maybe a notification or automated message?

4 Likes

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Is it possible to create a custom trust level? Just a new trust level that you can then customize the way you want?

Do you mean with this plugin specifically, or just in general?

If in general, then Iā€™m afraid not. There are a lot of group-controlled admin settings now though that donā€™t rely on traditional trust levels, which may be of some use depending what youā€™re aiming for?

If you can give some more details on what you have in mind then it may rustle up some more specific advice. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

With this plug-in specifically.

We wanted to have users who were just in charge of creating tags and editing tags of posted threads, but not have any other TL3 or TL4 powers if they havenā€™t already earned them.

3 Likes

Thanks for the plugin. I have 1 question and 2 feature requests:

1. Is the default setting from the plugin the same as default setting in discourse?
  2. Is it possible to have a feature to just fall back to discourse setting? So I can enable a particular setting to use Custom trust level, not in a global scope.
  3. Is it possible to have a feature to prevent trust level 4 to reply/edit any posts that has been closed?

I think this plugin may be broken now. I think weā€™ve had a couple of reports of issues:

5 Likes

I understand that now itā€™s redundant because the overall functionality is already included on Discourse :slight_smile: