Default Text Logo Not Working

(Rachel Stratemeier) #1

We do not have a logo for our site and I believe this means that it should default to our site title for a logo? However, I just see the Discourse logo. I don’t have any images uploaded in any of the logo settings, and am on the latest version of the software (414aa1f) at the time of this post.

Use a text logo instead of an image logo
Site Text title logo missing after adding cloudflare
(Vinoth Kannan) #2

After the recent changes in logo settings somehow the logo_url site setting (which is depreciated and hidden now) is changed to its default value /images/d-logo-sketch.png when it is empty. You should remove the value in the console like below.

rails c
SiteSetting.logo_url = ""

Text title missing after 24 hrs
(John Bartlet) #4

Hi there, I’m a bit of a newbie and I’m having the same isssue, where do I find the console?
Any help would be much appreciated

(Jay Pfaffman) #5

If you did a standard install, you’d do this:

cd /var/discourse
./launcher enter app
rails c
SiteSetting.logo_url = ""
exit

(John Bartlet) #6

Ah, thanks so much, I see.

(Rachel Stratemeier) #7

Perfect, thanks @vinothkannans and @pfaffman

(jimmyfc23) #8

I’ve had to do this each time a new release is created, can we make this change permanent?

(Sam Saffron) #9

This is assigned to @tgxworld he is having a think about a more permanent solution here, we want to allow people to have text logos work.

(fstdesk.com) #10

Thanks. i am waiting

(Sam Saffron) #11

No point in waiting imo… Just download paint.net for now and draw a text logo for now. It is free: https://www.getpaint.net/

We will get to this, but you have a very trivial workaround.

(Alan Tan) #13

PR for this is up in

I had to add proper default support to upload site settings in order to recover the feature in a sane manner.

(Alan Tan) #14

This is fixed for the upcoming release in

I’m still discussing with @sam about the PR above.

(Jeff Atwood) closed #15