Difference between Digital Ocean Install and Bitnami

So general question whats the difference between the digital ocean install and AWS Discourse certified by Bitnami

Discourse does not support (as helps to troubleshoot) any other installation method that’s different from their guide. That image is updated and managed by Bitnami, and my understanding was that it was broken (at least the last time I heard something about it).

The thing is, Discourse team ensures everything will work when using their install guide, everything else, is 100% on you.

3 Likes

I’m not asking for support I’m simply asking what the difference is cause I always see that

That’s it. You won’t get support, the image is not done by Discourse, so they won’t ensure it represents the one here, that’s totally it.

3 Likes

Ahh thanks so it’s basically 3rd party

1 Like

Yes, it’s a 3rd party form of delivery of the same software.

2 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I have it installed via a guide but when I was looking into AWS and Google cloud this is what showed so thanks for explaijg it to me @marianord

1 Like

No problem. I’ve been in that position as I’ve been tinkering with the idea of changing from Digital Ocean a few times, trying to lower the maintenance costs.

But I really haven’t found any other solution that’s really cheaper with the same or better performance.

2 Likes

And it likely won’t work. And none of the documentation here will help you. You can get help from the bitnami forum, though.

1 Like

Lol I know I tried it when I first went with Google cloud and couldn’t get shit running no help whatso ever in there docs lol and that tacky popup saying your using Bitnami that’s why I wondered the difference

1 Like

So just follow the install cloud document here and it’ll work.

I already have it installed lol I just wanted to know the difference tbh cause something didn’t seem right to me that’s all

1 Like