DigitalOcean Port Closed after Installation

Hello, I currently have Discourse installed on a droplet in DigitalOcean, however, after the setup, when navigating over to the website to register my admin account, it says that the server refused to connect. I also checked my firewall settings but my firewall is disabled. When I used the open port checker, it says ports 80 and 443 are closed. It seems like all ports are closed except port 22 (ssh). I am a bit confused since if those ports were closed, then the setup would’ve alerted me about that. Does anybody have a fix? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @KhoiUSA

Did you install discourse yourself or used DigitalOcean 1 click app?

Could you ssh into the terminal & share the output of command

sudo ufw status

1 Like

Yes, I did use the DigitalOcean 1 Click App. Attached below is the output of sudo ufw status.

I am sorry, if you used the DigitalOcean 1-click app then you should go to DigitalOcean support if you have any issues.

We can only support the official Docker installation here.

3 Likes

It’s probably that you have your DNS wrong, but the standard install will do a test when you run discourse setup.

This has cropped up previously, eg:

In that case they had a much easier time moving away from the one-click installer, and following the standard install guide instead. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.