Discard Akismet flagged post

As a discourse moderator, I would like to know how what I should do in the following scenario

One of our approved forum users has had some of their posts flagged as potential spam by Akismet. I am not aware of the message that the system sends to the user when their post is flagged. However, the user has attempted to repost and has ultimately managed to post on the forum. Their post is not spam, and we welcome their contribution.

However, I now have several posts that are stuck in my moderator queue, and I am unsure of what to do.

• I don’t want to select yes as I don’t believe the post is spam. Although it may be short and not well-written, the content is still valuable.
  • On the other hand, I don’t want to select no either, as the user has already posted an improved version of their post.
  • If I select ignore, the post will become stuck in my review queue.

What is the best practice in this scenario?
Thanks

If it helps, here is where I would take it as.

If you believe that the post itself is spam, as in if you saw the post yourself and would flag it for spam, select the Yes option.

However, if you would not flag it as spam if you saw it in the forum, I would click the No option.

This -
And then remove the post manually as the user has already posted an improved version of their post.

4 Likes

Our forum is set up to work primarily as a mailing list. Approving and deleting the post will generate useless emails to hundreds of users :frowning:

I don’t think pressing Ignore will leave it stuck in your Review Queue? That should be a legitimate option to not act on the post yet mark the Reviewable as handled (ie. not pending).

Not if you remove it within email time window mins (default 5 minutes) ?