Discobot advanced tutorial emails only sent to the admin of my forum

The message Now that you’ve been promoted, it’s time to learn about some advanced features! is only sent to me, the admin of my forum. I’ve renamed the discobot to another name but didn’t change anything else.

I suppose it’s fair to assume more users would be getting this message. For some reason I got it a few times, with just me and the bot as the recipients. The message did however coincide with users getting promoted to TL2. I impersonated that user and didn’t see the message in that person’s mailbox or notifications. I (the admin) shouldn’t be getting these emails, only the person that got promoted.

What could be going wrong here?

I don’t suppose you’ve added in a group to the site contact group name have you?

1 Like

Reminds me of this problem

I’m not sure. I think the OP is saying the discobot messages are going to the wrong person.

We’ve recently setup a site contact group name on here, and I think I may be seeing the same thing now I’ve taken a moment to have a glance. I had thought I was getting a duplicate, but now I’m not sure. :thinking: But I’ll wait to see what @AquaL1te says before I dive too deep.

3 Likes

Indeed, contact group might be the reason.

I also have setup site contact group to go to the admins. It works for TL promotion emails, but it seems the discobot messages only go to me, not the person who should receive them. So this may be a bug then? Not a configuration problem on my side?

1 Like

We’ve had a little investigation, and I think you may be right @AquaL1te. I seem to be the only one out of the recipients that’s been receiving all the “Now that you’ve been promoted, it’s time to learn about some advanced features!” Discobot PMs.

I’ll slide this over to bug :+1:

1 Like

We have identified the issue, fixed in this PR and it is currently awaiting review:

It will be soon merged and then you can update your site to fix the bug. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.