The Discourse AI Post Classifier. This feature is designed to enhance the management and moderation of forum posts by automating the process of classifying posts.
Automated Post Categorization: The post classifier can automatically categorize topics based on their content. This is particularly beneficial for large forums where manual categorization can be time-consuming. You can apply the rules to a subset of topics (first topic only or topics posted to particular categories)
Post Tagging: The post classifier can assign specified tags to posts. This feature aids in the better organization of posts and makes searching and retrieving topics more efficient.
Automated Responses: The post classifier can generate replies to posts using predefined responses. This is useful for addressing frequently asked questions or common queries, sending spam to junk categories, and more.
Topic Hiding: The post classifier can hide topics based on certain criteria. This can be used for managing spam or inappropriate content.
The Discourse AI Post Classifier uses AI models to analyze the content of the posts. Based on this analysis if the model returns specific text, it performs the specified actions. These actions include moving the post to a specified category, adding tags, replying with a predefined response, and hiding the topic. The AI models used include GPT-4, GPT-3.5-Turbo, and Claude-2.
To configure the post classifier, you need to specify certain parameters:
- System Prompt: This is the message that the AI model will use as a context for generating responses. It should contain a
%%POST%%placeholder that will be replaced with the post content.
- Search for Text: This is the text that the AI model will search for in the post content.
- Model: This is the AI model that will be used for analysis. You can choose from GPT-4, GPT-3.5-Turbo, and Claude-2.
- Category: This is the category to which the post will be moved if the specified text is found.
- Tags: These are the tags that will be added to the post if the specified text is found.
- Hide Topic: If this option is enabled, the topic will be hidden if the specified text is found.
- Canned Reply: This is the predefined response that will be posted if the specified text is found.
- Canned Reply User: This is the user that will be mentioned in the canned reply.
Keep in mind, LLM calls can be expensive. When applying a classifier be careful to monitor costs and always consider only running this on small subsets.
The particular use case we tested (and run in production for a customer) is classification of first topics of a user.
We recommend you use Discourse AI Bot to help author the system prompt.