Discourse AI - Summarization

Ok thanks- it’s not super clear that to disable it you have to reset a field called strategy. There should just be a checkbox to enable or disable it.

I was using the Discourse book-summary one. I don’t see the one you recommend in the list.

2 Likes

Oh those non-LLM models while quick, are really bad quality unfortunately. We will remove those soon from the options and make summarization LLM only.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Gemini Pro summarization is not working

I am unable to add the “Summarize with AI” button in my forum and this thread indicates that I should be able to see it. I am unable to see anything surrounding “summarization strategy” nor is there anything inside the “Enabled Tools” setting:

1 Like

Summarize a topic with AI? That outside of the AI Bot Persona feature and lives in a site setting on your admin panel.

Hey @Falco where do we turn this on?

1 Like

Go to /admin/site_settings/category/all_results and search for “summarization strategy”

1 Like

cool. thank you…Checking now.

This did the trick. I was typing ‘summarization’ into the filter box in the sidebar and got nowhere. Really appreciate your help.

@Falco this feature only summarizes the content in the post right? It cannot read a .pdf that is part of the post?

Yes, it only read the title, category, tags and posts contents, skipping any attachments.

With AI Image Caption it will now be able to take some context from image uploads, but we don’t have any special treatment for PDFs yet.

1 Like