Discourse AI Topic Summary : automated summaries and smart tagging

Iā€™m trying to change the language in which the summary is written. I have a Spanish website but the summaries are in English.

Then change the prompts accordingly ā€¦ encourage the bot to write in Spanish.

Should I do some sort of rake task to update already summarized topics or is it done automatically?

A rake task would be great, please PR.

Otherwise you can simply wait for the natural refresh of the summaries as further Posts are added ā€¦ you can reduce the threshold for the refresh in settings.

1 Like

Fantastic.

1 Like

If you reduce this to zero, it will produce a new summary on every new post:

ai_topic_summary_enabled_post_interval_rerun

Just FYI.

Both davinches with completion gave error 500. But GPT gives good enough summarisation, so that is enough for me.

I didnā€™t check logs. I know: bad bad boy (Iā€™m not a boy, Iā€™m old timer) but Iā€™m hungry and have to start cook Dal Bhat :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sorry for the confusion @Jagster, itā€™s a while since Iā€™ve looked at this plugin.

Thanks for the report.

Iā€™ll take a look.

Hmmm ā€¦ I wonder if it has anything to do with Open AIā€™s recent model updates and deprecations?

I had same thoughts, based on theirs forum.

For some reasonā€¦

Iā€™ve used this now a while. And:

• it works without any issues
  • it is good in its main purpose: giving fast image of a topic to user to decide is it worth of reading. Summary is visible and the very first thing that an user sees and I really like that
  • it does not trying to take away need to read topic (I like that, because AI just canā€™t build answer from my topics. If a forum is Q/A, then situation may be different, though

The look could be more appealing. But howā€¦ I really donā€™t know because Iā€™m lacking such ability totally. I like it as it is, but few ladies says it looks strange (but those ladies call colors in names I donā€™t know at all).

Glad you are enjoying it :+1:

PR welcome and/or detailed suggestions, even shared CSS.

It definitely benefited from being on the Layouts sidebar ā€¦ :frowning:

In my case where about 90 % of visits comes from mobiles Layouts was just unnecessary.

1 Like

Actually Layouts on mobile provided a button to view the summary as a slide in.

Damn. I didnā€™t know that. Well, now it is too late, unless something happends.

Just pushed a couple of updates recently.

1 Like

It repliea in English instead of Spanish, where can i alter the prompt?

1 Like

Try editing these:

I have an all English forum. And for some reason, the summaries are all being generated in Spanish. I apologize if this was answered, but canā€™t seem to find the solution.

Thatā€™s very odd. I cannot reproduce. Change the prompt and ask it to create the summaries in English explicitly and see what happens?