Discourse Central Theme — Meta Pre-Release Out Now!

There is a problem here.

5 Likes

I notice the same problem here

1 Like

EDIT: Am stupid. I thought it was for any site to use, not the selector directly on this site, lol…Ignore all of the below:

Am I stupid, blind, or both? I can’t figure out where this theme is at to even try it. I installed the sidebar theme selector component and the only things there are my 2 themes that I have enabled for people to use. I don’t see a GitHub for this theme and I don’t see it on the Install menu under Themes.

1 Like

I really like this theme as well. Can’t wait for it to become available to install on our own sites. This theme is awesome.

2 Likes

Trying this out again, I also have the duplicate user icon problem (where the left one opens the new, cleaned up menu, and the right one opens the traditional user menu).
I also noticed that the sub-categories seems to be gone from the list - was this an intentional change or are they broken because of the category lazy loading?

But all in all, I still feel this theme has a lot of potential. So just like the others, I would love to see it finished and released for everybody :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

There is no more duplicate icon. I see now one icon :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes, can confirm.

It does look a bit strange now, though, since the notification bell is to the right of the user menu/avatar.

I realised that these blocks might be part of the Right Sidebar Blocks theme component, so I commented about this over on that topic:

:point_up:

1 Like

This has been answered recently, Jishnu.

5 Likes

It was answered 13 days ago above you.

2 Likes

14 inch, 2.8K

As you can see, the sidebar is very short in the first picture, and nicely alligned on the second. Vivaldi Browser

How to install it?

You cannot install it

1 Like

beautiful theme.

question: How it’s based the widget for birthday, it’s possible to use the widget on theme default for cakeday ?

Not sure if you missed this part.

If there is enough demand for this theme, I am willing to initiate a joint venture to hire a designer/coder to create the Discourse Central Theme from scratch.

7 Likes

It’s actively being worked on again after a stretch where we had to switch priorities, so please be patient.

24 Likes

It’s amazing to have such a perfect UI, can we know the release date of the first version?

4 Likes

I see your theme highlights the profile display on the right sidebar,
I suggest you split it into a theme component to reduce conflicts with other parts of the theme.
My opinion, have fun

5 Likes