Discourse showing users notifications of all users

Hello all! I have a question brought up by one of my users. They just signed up, and appeared to have many notifications, however trying to go to most of them gave them a 404 error. This is to be expected, since 99% of the notifications they see aren’t meant for them.
Here’s a screenshot of a test user I have on the site (level 1 user, never been suspended nor a moderator):

Any ideas what could be causing this? Probably a misconfiguration on my end. I thought it was maybe because the reverse proxy wasn’t sending individuals IPs correctly, but I’ve checked and no users have a registration nor last login IP of anything that would be local to my network, so that’s working as expected. Also, dismissing notifications doesn’t work, even though a HTTP 200 is returned when clicked. Any ideas are appreciated!

System Info:
Discourse running on docker container through official launcher
Discourse Version: 2.8.0.beta9

Can you share your list of plugins?

1 Like

Sure thing:

The only two I still have enabled is my SSO (we use a mix of native and SSO signins, this issue is present on accounts linked to our SSO or not) and the docker manager I cannot disable. The rest are present, but have been disabled in an attempt to rule them out.

Babble is not maintained anymore. I would uninstall it completely (ie remove the clone from app.yml and rebuild)

1 Like

:man_facepalming: Yeah, that did it. Thank you! I figured that it being disabled would have fully removed everything, but apparently not. TIL. I think my next step will be to try and get the rocketchat integration plugin running, as our use case it a bit peculiar (we’re going to be hosting a video player on a post that contains a live stream, and we’d like a chat to be present on the side. We use post replies for “comments” after the stream is finished.)

Thanks again :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Discourse Team’s chat solution is currently in Alpha, I’m sure if you ask @erlend_sh very nicely he could add you to the feedback group :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohh, this looks very interesting, thanks for this. I found it on @erlend_sh’s profile, and will add it to my instance shortly. I’ll do some testing with it before we have our event, but hopefully I’ll have some feedback in about a month and a half or so, assuming everything goes as planned and we get an actual turnout with a “decent” amount of people xD (Decent for us is around maybe 20-30, so not big by any means, but I’ll give any feedback I can).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.