Discourse User Feedback

Hi @exetico
I have added a fix for the above issue, can you pull the latest plugin and try it out?

2 Likes

Thank you for fixing the glitch. Hopefully I’m able to confirm in a couple of days. I’m sorry for the late reply.

That’s great! I’ve not rebuilded our site in the last copule of weeks, but I’ll give it a go. Maybe other can report back, if it fixed the issue or not?

2 Likes

Hello, I use the User Feedback Plugin on my forum so people can leave reviews about others. The plugin has been working well and has been a great addition into reading forum user’s reputations. However, sometimes forum trollers do leave bad reviews about others. I was wondering, is it possible to remove trolling feedback entries via the Ruby on Rail’s console? Thanks.

An unconstructive feedback entry:

4 Likes

I think the plugin could use a “Flag review” button as well.

2 Likes

Really this is a case for warning and then banning users. If users are trolling using this feature then that’s behavior you want to discourage.

This is not a bad idea. Not sure what the implementation would look like… we don’t otherwise have a wway for users to flag each other except by flagging their posts.

I guess you could also add text to the reviews explaining how the feature works and to reach out to moderators if you see any issue.

It might also be interesting to see if reviews could be run through akismet to prevent common spam, and to not allow links.

I don’t use this plugin myself so my feedback is based on what I am seeing here.

7 Likes

how do i delete a feedback? I commented a wrong feedback on the wrong profile and I want to delete it

1 Like

@Ahmed_Gagan

Any plan to continue development? There are several features I’d love to see.

More control in plugin settings. Such as making the comment mandatory. Requiring the user leaving a review to link a reference thread.
Allow submiter to delete feedback.
Disallow reciever from deleting feedback.

Among other nice to have items. If no plans, I actually had a custom plugin developed to do exactly this that I’ll have another freelancer pickup and add the features I need.

Hi Mike,
Currently I am not working on this plugin, you can get it developed from anyone interested.

Thanks

1 Like

Just another meta: we have broken but can we have #abandonded or similar too?

1 Like

Isn’t unmaintained what you mean?

4 Likes

I use the feedback plugin on my forum and there was a criminal feedback against a member, how do I delete it?

3 Likes

The feedback plugin is unofficial. Not distributed by Discourse - and I believe no longer supported by the developer as (it appears?) he joined the official team. That said, I assume there’s a technical workaround to purge the record. I’ll leave that to the wizards that hang here.

I am going to release a revised and far more robust version of the feedback plugin soon. I had this developed 3 years ago, but shelved it. As soon as it’s ready, I will share here.

10 Likes

I would suggest to also dm the Plugin Author. While he is not maintaining it he can likely help getting the record purged.

Hello, it has been a long time since your message.

Have you had time to develop this plugin?

Hi Daniela

I have the same problem and I need to delete urgently a feedback. Did you find any solution ?

Hi Mike

I need to delete feedbacks from a troll. Did you had time to develop a new version of the plugin?

This plugin is broken on Ember5.

The <discourse@component:rating-input::ember362>#checkedOne computed property was just overridden. This removes the computed property and replaces it with a plain value, and has been deprecated. If you want this behavior, consider defining a setter which does it manually.