Docker: 'system' is not a docker command. Unable to run ./launcher cleanup

./launcher cleanup
flag provided but not defined: --format
See ‘/usr/bin/docker info --help’.
You have less than 5GB of free space on the disk. You will need more space to continue

Would you like to attempt to recover space by cleaning docker images and containers in the system?(y/N)y
docker: ‘system’ is not a docker command.
See ‘docker --help’.

1 Like

Try freeing up space on the disk other ways.

Thanks for the quick reply. What are the other ways to clean up? I m even using amazon s3 for images. I don’t know why it is taking so much of space.

1 Like

You’re running an older version of Docker, that doesn’t come with all the fancy stuff that’s in newer versions. @Falco, we probably need to detect that in ./launcher and either bail out with an error, or revert to an older method of diskspace cleanup. (I also find it kind of amusing that you need to delete data in order to run cleanup…)

4 Likes

How to clean up the space meanwhile?

1 Like

How much space have you got? (df -h)
How many backups are you retaining on your droplet? (move them to S3 if you haven’t already done so)
Is your content from an import or a restore? (You may be carrying excess baggage from that. See here.

I’m guessing that your instance is a bit behind, the rebuild updated ./launcher itself (You got the “new” You have less than launcher message), then failed because docker is out of date (iirc @Falco stated that the new cleanup will work even if the disk is at 100%).

1 Like

We got the same error, it’s a 13G forum on a 18G instance.

I can’t enter app either, we’ve also moved the backups to S3. is there anything else I can remove so that we can rebuild the app?

Are you running a recent Docker, version 17.x ?

You can add --skip-prereqs to ignore any checks too.

5 Likes