Site Not Functioning After Attempted Upgrade

I attempted to run an automatic upgrade from the admin page. It seemed to go fine, but something clearly failed. The admin panel thinks I didn’t upgrade, but the upgrade panel shows everything is up to date. I tried doing ./launcher rebuild app but I get an error that I don’t have enough disk space. I deleted the older backups I had, but that only got me to 3Gb free and it wants 5.

Any suggestions? I’ve already run ./launcher cleanup.

Looks like docker is taking a lot of space: 9.3Gb total…

--- /var/lib/docker ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     /..
6.7 GiB [##########] /overlay2
2.7 GiB [###       ] /volumes
--- /var/lib/docker/overlay2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     /..
3.8 GiB [##########] /5f823d00b5b399410cb9e99b8ea4f2b44e4607b88ee27a9328b4fb4267eeeac8
2.3 GiB [######    ] /11262dd0a2b59292c520629d74720326f0328995c321826f1d8ae4434fc7a482
1 Like

OK, I pulled down my uploads folder and my backups to my local machine and removed them from the server. That freed up enough space to run

./launcher rebuild app

That completed and the site is back up. PHEW! I’d still like to know if something is wrong in docker that it is using so much space…

3 Likes
 ./launcher cleanup

will remove Docker images and containers that you’re not using.

3 Likes

Thanks @pfaffman. I ran it and didn’t see a change.

Does that size seem appropriate?

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t look at the numbers before, but yeah, that looks pretty right.

It’s pretty tight at 20GB. I really recommend 50. Keeping backups on an S3 or Digital Ocean Spaces bucket helps not fill your disk with backups, but you can still have trouble doing a restore as multiple copies of the database exist when you restore.

4 Likes

I ran into the same issue with this upgrade. Moving Docker to a different volume solved it for me. I followed this guide:

2 Likes