Droplet install not working

Hi,

I have created a discourse droplet. I have followed the instructions in the console screen and at the end it say the open the browser to go to the admin page. If i go to the domain I created, i get connection was reset and won’t open the site. If I restart the app from commandline I see for a fleeting instance and NGinx is running. then it goes back to the connection reset message.

Many Thanks
Mark

2 Likes

Hey Mark,

How about your DNS settings?? Are you using CloudFlare?

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

I’m using cloudflare and turned of proxied, I’ve added the public IP to my internal DNS as well and getting the same issue.

1 Like

To be honest, when I got the same problem I fixed it by turning off proxy, and turning on DNS only. As follows. Those written Proxied are subdomains only.

Try to verify your IP settings

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve already turned on DNS only and it’s not fixed it.

I can see the n g i n x for a fleeting moment after I restart the app then it goes back to the same issue

Hey,

Sorry for not being so accurate on my responses, but it is hard to identify your problem without getting logs and errors.

What I can say to you is trying to do all the processes again from the begging.

In this forum, you will find helpful tutorials regarding installing Discourse from scratch. If you prefer watching tutorial videos, I recommend this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU-o2Zsq3Ag, it helped me a lot when installing in Digital Ocean and configuring DNS on CloudFlare.

I hope you get your website working soon, sometimes the errors are simple and solutions as well, you will find it.

Did you follow Discourse official Standard Installation?

3 Likes

Good afternoon.

I have started again completely with a brand new machine. I used the market place to install the discourse droplet. I added my details as requested and using cloudflare dns only for my domain name.

I can’t attache the docotrs log as I’m only allowed to post 2 links per message

1 Like

I have just blown away the server and tried creating using your instructions. It still hangs tryiong to go to the website.

Many Thanks
Mark

Sounds like a dns problem. Does your domain name resolve to your ip address?

1 Like

That resolves fine. I have seen a firewall log from my internal firewall saying:

2020-07-02 13:48:08 pxy 0x1874240-1536665 connect failed Connection refused 223: x.x.x.x:8215 -> 161.35.162.100:80 [A] {B} | 225: x.x.x.x:8215 -> 161.35.162.100:80 [!B c] {B}[P]  	Debug
1 Like