Editting an assigned post re-sends the assigned mail

When having a post that’s assigned to user X, Discourse re-sends the user Y assigned post to you to user X. imo it shouldn’t resend that if it’s still assigned to the same person. (This is a post with @X in it)

What if the edit completely changes what the assignment is?

then a mail would be great of course.

1 Like

You mean the automatic whisper post we insert in the stream? Curious why are you editing it?

No I mean a post like this one with @carlokok in it. On our forum that will automatically assign the post to me (which is great), but If I edit this post again, I get another “user assigned a post to you” notification for every time it gets edited.

2 Likes

@gerhard can you add this to your list, not urgent at all but we should clean it up (in theory if we edit this in 15 minutes you will get another notification)

In theory another notification fired

3 Likes

This should be fixed by https://github.com/discourse/discourse-assign/commit/a308e2a44560affe3691e1998e1f72456d13f760

Note: We already prevent duplicate assignments in the AssignController, but that doesn’t work for auto assign.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.