Email notification of New Topic (for admins)

Is there a setting so admins can receive an email [for a set category] when a user posts a new topic?

I know a little blue circle appears by my profile pic when I’m watching a category, but it means I have to be on my site to monitor.

Yes, you can set your account to watch the first post in a category:

That will alert you of any new topics.

Yes, thank you. But as I said above:

I know a little blue circle appears by my profile pic when I’m watching a category, but it means I have to be on my site to monitor.

I want to receive an email really, so I can act when I’m away from my desk PC etc…

Unless you have turned off email notifications you will receive an email for watched categories. You won’t receive emails if you have been seen on the site in the past 10 minutes.

1 Like

okay, thanks, how do I check email notification settings in admin please?

Do you ever receive email notifications of replies, or anything else?

You shouldn’t need to tweak anything in /admin unless you’ve overridden a default.

You need to change your settings at https://meta.discourse.org/my/preferences/emails. The “email me harder” setting I think you’re looking for is:

3 Likes

I think I’ve unsubscribed from categories previously, so I need to re-subscribe to a couple basically.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.