Email notifications for a topic

Apologies for what is probably a very simple question.

I don’t understand the notification settings. How do I (or a user) set it up to receive email notifications about posts in a thread that they haven’t started?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Set the notification level for the topic to “watching” via the notification control at the bottom of the topic, or in the right gutter of the topic (on desktop).

Note that emails will only be sent if you are not active on the website at the time of the notification.

1 Like

Amazing, thanks so much for your help!

2 Likes

Hi…
I’ve a similiar case.
I want to active email notification. If every user create a post, how to make enable notification for every admin or moderator?

Not only for one or two category, but for all category (global). I want to make every moderator / admin got a notification email.

thanks

You can enable the Mailing list mode for each admin.

Preferences > Emails

2 Likes

Hi. could you help me which menu?
Setting or Admin Menu

it will be configured by each user? or just only me as admin, can configure for all moderator user?

Maybe any tutorial to do it?

thanks a lot for your help

Simply visit the user’s Preferences > Emails page for each admin or moderator and turn on Mailing list mode.

https://discourse.yoursite-example.com/u/sample-user/preferences/emails

As an Admin, you can configure this for any user you want.

2 Likes

Hi: I have mailing list mode on. I think my question is slightly different - is there a way to to be notified of a post that is awaiting approval? We have to approve each post and some are time sensitive. I’d love to get an email alert of pending posts.

Also, is there a way to get notifications from the app - I have them turned on but don’t seem to get any. Am on IOS. (I checked on previous posts and it seems there were some difficulties but am hoping it’s fixed. Fingers crossed. )

Thanks.

Hi ! We also approve each post.

I managed to have mails for each new pending posts by setting the moderators group “default_notification_level” on “watching”.

It’d be nice however to have a better option for this, for example by having an excerpt in the mail. And to get every new pending post instantaneously rather than every hour.