Renaming Trust Levels

Hello, I’m wondering if this feature has been added. Previous topics I’ve searched mentioned this is planned but I couldn’t find anything explaining how to do it.

1 Like

This is still planned :wink:

Any news on this one?
:slight_smile:

what is it you are trying to do? we have badges based on trust levels and are able to use a different name for the badges which is handy.

would also be nice to rename the trust levels directly as they appear on user profile pages, or to suppress them.

1 Like

I would like to know if this feature is done. I want to rename the Trust Levels for something more friendly like Bronze, Silver, Gold level.

@charleswalter

Thanks.

@helloforos I haven’t seen this feature on the roadmap. My expectation is that Trust levels are just meant for backend and the groups and badges are the way to publicly recognize users.

You can rename trust levels if you are using Discourse 1.5.beta.
Just go to Admin → Customize → Text Content, search for the things you want to rename and apply the changes.

This is what it looks like on the badges page after I renamed “Leader” to “Gold level”:

9 Likes

Interesting! I will check it out. Thank you @gerhard

1 Like

@urrunaga, I imagine that changing texts needs to happen in language. So if you want to change text in Spanish, you need to be using the site with Spanish selected in your preferences.

1 Like